SITE DU PARTI MDR - SITE Y'ISHYAKA - ISHYAKA, ISHYAKA, ISHYAKA NYINE. ISHYAKA RIHARANIRA DEMOKARASI MURI REPUBULIKA.
Obtenez 1000 visiteurs rapidement !
Obtenez 1000 visiteurs rapidement !
Outils webmasters Compteur Chat Forum Sondage Découverte Référeur

M'inscrire M'inscrire Me connecter Me connecter Mot de passe oublié Mot de passe oublié Retour au forum Retour au forum

Pages: 1
Poster un nouveau message Répondre au message
Auteur Message
   Trier par date décroissante
Simon Mbarushimana
Royaume-Uni
Posté le:
28/3/2006 13:11
Sujet du message:
Can We Trust Ruzibiza?
Répondre            
Email:
u44sm5@abdn.ac.uk
Site Internet:
http://www.africannews.blogspot.com
Dear Rwandans and Friends of Rwanda,

Taking also into consideration the message by SONGO on this forum, what do you make of Sir A. RUZIBIZA's testimony?

I think there are two equally bad responses to Ruzibiza's courageous testimony:

1. Kagame and RPA would seek to dismiss and undermine it; and somehow pursue a "normal" life that hides all the atrocities they have committed against man kind, Hutus and Tutsis; and seeking to overcome this extreme guilty by portraying themselves as "Liberators, Saviours, and Deliverers "!

2. Hutus would want to use it to somehow "rationalize" the genocide.

And to me, both reactions will be equally wrong and evil.

I have read the following publications by Sir A. RUZIBIZA and have found them verifiable, concise and rimming well with what I believe to be true.

a. http://www.mdrw.org/rapports%20et%20doc/documents/temoignage%20ruzibiza%20a%20arusha.pdf

b. http://www.inshuti.org/ruzibiza.htm

Off course, the typical Rwandans would refute or support what they haven't even read! But I encourage everyone to please take sometime to read these documents (both are only about 160 pages).

For the second document, on page 20, he states:" (...) tous les Hutus, du President de la Republique jusqu'aux enfants en bas age, ont coopere aux massacres des Tutsi en vue de leur extermination. Nier cela releve de la mauvaise fois, meme is l'on a rien a' se reprocher".

NB: Cannot get my keyboard to put accents: sorry!

With all respect to him, I think this statement is not correct. However, for fairness, I am planning to send him an email to request further explanations ( ruzibiza@operamail.com ).

As you prepare to read these documents, please get ready to find that:

1. RPA massacred defenseless Hutus in their home, camps etc...(I wonder how Gacaca works in such zones....!)

2. RPA massacred eminent Hutu politicians with view to cause chaos

3. RPA planned the shooting down of the presidential plane hoping FAR would abondon their positions, thus allowing RPA to progress unopposed

4. RPA massacred defenseless Tutsis for propaganda sake (i.e. Kabatwa) [ I wonder how GACACA works there...!]

5. Interahamwe copied the cruel killing methods from RPA

6. FPR cells (cellules) were lead by people who had military formation and weapons. these cells were used for propaganda and collection of contributions. So, the then gvt army might not have been wrong to think they needed to kill or imprison such people in order to recover the national territory [from the invading rebellion]. May be the nominal lists much talked about have something to do with these cell leaders rather than being a systematic nominal list on which every Tutsi figured...!

7. RPA was militarily better placed (weapons, number of soldiers) to stop the genocide than the regular army. But, the commenders who tried to do so were punished.

8. After the reading you think:" I wish there could be another honest person within the Hutu ethnic group, who was at the top level (planification level) so that he/she can tell us what was going on".

So, on the basis of the above testimonies, personal witness and research, it is clear that there have been more than one genocides (or genocide and counter-genocide) and that the higher death rates of Tutsis is simply a reflection of their proportion (number) in what is simply a "typical" CIVIL WAR!

Many readers and Friends of Rwanda might wish to see Rwandans emphasizing on the lesson bit, so that these awful atrocities never happen again: So the lesson is:

a. Should one opt for an armed struggle to get to power, one should also be prepared to accept all the consequences.

b. Is it wise to launch a rescue mission when you know it will lead to the death of those you are intending to rescue?

c. Can you call it a rescue mission when your tactics directly contribute to the killings of those you intend to rescue or when you do the worst-massacre those you are intending to rescue?

d. Let's just forget the idea of getting to power through a rebellion or putsch! Let's see it as out-of-fashion, stupid, uncivilized, primitive etc...

Will this mean accepting morally corrupt presidents to lead our countries forever? NO!

Instead, let's allow them to lead our countries as we slowly learn and try better means of catalyzing change. The Ukraine model might work, although Ukrainians are now showing very little momentum few years after the orange revolution...!

Similarly, the mere fact of holding democratic and pluraristic elections after a troubled past does not so far give much hope, does it? Remember H.E. M. Ndadaye? Apparently even the new Hutu president has already had a coup attempt....!

Conclusion: Can we trust Sir A. RUZIBIZA? I believe every claim, without exception, should be scrutinized and this include Sir A. RUZIBIZA; Romeo Dallaire, etc....and the much internationally believed RPF's account; and my personal plea is that the Rwandan gvt should now "carefully word" their talks during ICYUNAMO in order not to cause even more excrutiating pain to our parents, brothers, sisters, relatives and friends who morn their losses.

Simon Mbarushimana.

Poster un nouveau message Répondre au message
  Pages: 1

M'inscrire M'inscrire Me connecter Me connecter Mot de passe oublié Mot de passe oublié Retour au forum Retour au forum