SITE DU PARTI MDR - SITE Y'ISHYAKA - ISHYAKA, ISHYAKA, ISHYAKA NYINE. ISHYAKA RIHARANIRA DEMOKARASI MURI REPUBULIKA.
Obtenez 1000 visiteurs rapidement !
Obtenez 1000 visiteurs rapidement !
Outils webmasters Compteur Chat Forum Sondage Découverte Référeur

M'inscrire M'inscrire Me connecter Me connecter Mot de passe oublié Mot de passe oublié Retour au forum Retour au forum

Pages: 1
Poster un nouveau message Répondre au message
Auteur Message
   Trier par date décroissante
Joy Sowerby
Royaume-Uni
Posté le:
27/7/2006 23:07
Sujet du message:
New Hope for Rwanda
Répondre            

I believe that the greatest thing that the Rwandan people can learn from the Genocide is a determination that nothing like it will ever happen again. The only way to ensure this, is for a united country working together for the good of all its people. I accept this is a very difficult thing to achieve in view of the pain which is still felt by many people.

In practical terms I agree that if justice is required then it would only be fair to include all those who committed these crimes against both Tutsis and Hutus.

Equally there needs to be a recognition of the crimes and a great deal of forgiveness by all parties.

If the country is to be united then Remembrance Day needs to be for all i.e. a time when both Tutsis and Hutus can remember their loved ones.

My understanding of IBUKA is that it is doing a very good work amongst the Tutsi victims. Perhaps a similar group could be set up to help the Hutu victims?

Perhaps the greatest Memorial to the Genocide would be a Country which other African countries and indeed the rest of the world could "look up to". (i.e.good coming out of evil)

A country where:-1.Everyone always has enough to eat.
2.A good education system through to University
level available to all.
3.A good health system available to all.
4.Infrastructure/Communication
5.A prosperous country able to support its people
through Free Trade with the rest of the world.
6.A voice in the world.

Could this ever be possible?
I think so, but it wouldn't be easy and it wouldn't happen quickly it would take time, perhaps a long time to rebuild relationships etc, and also a great deal of courage on the part of the government to exchange the purchase of weapons for investment into the country's future.

Will it ever happen?
I don't know - that is a question that only God and the Rwandan people can answer but I pray that it may be so.

Poster un nouveau message Répondre au message
  Pages: 1

M'inscrire M'inscrire Me connecter Me connecter Mot de passe oublié Mot de passe oublié Retour au forum Retour au forum