SITE DU PARTI MDR - SITE Y'ISHYAKA - ISHYAKA, ISHYAKA, ISHYAKA NYINE. ISHYAKA RIHARANIRA DEMOKARASI MURI REPUBULIKA.
Obtenez 1000 visiteurs rapidement !
Obtenez 1000 visiteurs rapidement !
Outils webmasters Compteur Chat Forum Sondage Découverte Référeur

M'inscrire M'inscrire Me connecter Me connecter Mot de passe oublié Mot de passe oublié Retour au forum Retour au forum

Pages: 1
Poster un nouveau message Répondre au message
Auteur Message
   Trier par date décroissante
mutangana
France
Posté le:
24/4/2007 22:07
Sujet du message:
malaria
Répondre            

Comment Digg del.icio.us Email Print

Where Are The Greens On Malaria?
By ALICIA COLON
April 21, 2006
A D V E R T I S E M E N T

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

[Continued from page 1 of 2]

Within two years of starting DDT programs, South Africa, Mozambique, Zambia, Madagascar, and Swaziland slashed their malaria rates by 75% or more. Other countries want to launch similar programs, but they are facing opposition from Europe.

The E.U. is warning of possible agricultural export sanctions against Uganda, Kenya, and other countries that use DDT to save lives. Now why on earth would the E.U. object to this life-saving measure for the African nations who rely greatly on their exports to Europe?

According to Mr. Innis, the E.U.'s trade representative to Uganda said recently that the E.U. "has no control" over environmental and consumer organizations that might pressure supermarkets to stop selling agricultural products from those nations. What a bunch of mealy-mouthed cowards the Europeans have morphed into! Is this the international community that Iraq war critics insist we pay attention to? What a joke.

Can an entire continent be so fearful of overzealous environmental wackos that they would rather see millions of Africans die than to face the threat of possible boycotts based on nothing?

Let's review the history of malaria, shall we? This dreadful disease used to kill thousands of Americans every year. It arrived in Europe 2,600 years ago. Cromwell died from it and Charles II and Louis XIV nearly perished. In his press release, Mr. Innis details the historical toll from the malarial mosquitoes on Europe. "Aggressive interventions, including widespread use of DDT, finally ended its deadly grip," he wrote. "Once the United States and Europe became malaria-free, however, they began to impose restrictions that have perpetuated malaria elsewhere, especially in Africa."

We hear so many conspiracy theories from radical leftist groups blaming white America for everything from AIDS to drugs in the ghettos, but when presented with factual data about African disease abetted by other radical groups, we hear nary a peep.

Why is it that whenever death occurs in huge numbers in other countries, the color of the victims' skin seems to determine how outraged we need to be? Rwanda? Sudan? Uganda? Ho-hum. But the decision not to sign the Kyoto global warming agreement attracts ecoterrorists and whacko hypocrites from around the globe to protest this neglect to control our climate.

Frankly, I'd rather let the planet flame out than stand by and have millions of fellow human beings die unnecessarily from bug bites.

Continued
« Previous | 1 | 2 |

Comment on this article
Name:

Poster un nouveau message Répondre au message
  Pages: 1

M'inscrire M'inscrire Me connecter Me connecter Mot de passe oublié Mot de passe oublié Retour au forum Retour au forum