Aide sur les outils Webd

Forum créé le 30/12/1999 21:16 et administré par Web D

Obtenez 1000 visiteurs rapidement !
Obtenez 1000 visiteurs rapidement !
Outils webmasters Compteur Chat Forum Sondage Découverte Référeur

M'inscrire M'inscrire Me connecter Me connecter Mot de passe oublié Mot de passe oublié Retour au forum Retour au forum

Pages: 1
Poster un nouveau message Répondre au message
Auteur Message
   Trier par date décroissante
deefo01
Posté le:
13/12/2022 03:59
Sujet du message:
Future planning
Répondre            

Future planning is the process of creating a plan for the future that helps a person with an intellectual or developmental disability (I/DD) to live as independently and effectively as possible. It is critical to have a plan in place at all stages of life, but especially for the time when the parent or caregiver will no longer be able to provide support.
A person-centered future plan should include the preferences of the individual with an intellectual or developmental impairment, as well as the preferences of his or her parents, siblings, extended family members and friends, and any other relevant people in the individual's life. The plan should contain information about a person's whole life, including the following areas of data:
Activities, needs, and sources of help that are typical
Arrangements for living
The financial condition of a person and their family, which includes public benefits, assets, incomes, trusts, and insurance policies.
Individual's medical history, as well as the names and contact information for their physicians (including any medications and food allergies)
Decision-making assistance
Background in education Work, leisure activities, religious beliefs, habits, interests, friendships, and other key connections of the person, as well as educational information
Before you start planning, you should ask yourself the following question: "What would the person need throughout a life transition in order to maintain their daily routine?" The next phase is to create a plan for the individual's life once the transformation has occurred bing maps. It is critical to use a collaborative approach while discussing and developing the plan, and it is equally vital to keep the person with intellectual and developmental disabilities' interests, preferences, and talents as the major focus.
Who is on the team planning for the future?
Inquire with the person with an intellectual and/or developmental impairment (I/DD) about who he or she would want to have on the team. Individuals with I/DD, parents, siblings, other family members, friends, legal and financial experts, and other key persons in the person's life may all be team members. Some of these people may live in another state, but it's crucial to acknowledge them if they have a substantial effect on your life. This team works together to assess the assistance that the person will need and then takes action to put those supports in place.
Future planning is something that can and should be done.
Future planning is a crucial activity for all families. The process of contemplating one's future course of action may be difficult and unpleasant. Having a solid plan for the future makes it easier for persons with intellectual and developmental impairments to leave their family home (IDD).
Some families may assume that planning is out of the question because they do not have enough money to provide for an adult son or daughter with an intellectual or developmental disability (I/DD), or they cannot afford a lawyer or an estate planner. This is not at all the case. The planning process has several processes, many of which have nothing to do with money. Furthermore, low-income families must educate themselves on the public assistance possibilities that may be available to them and follow the required processes to enroll a member of their family in the relevant program.

Poster un nouveau message Répondre au message
  Pages: 1

M'inscrire M'inscrire Me connecter Me connecter Mot de passe oublié Mot de passe oublié Retour au forum Retour au forum